Dawn Cockrell, LM, CPM, was the first NARM Certified Professional Midwife in the Midland, Texas (TX) and Odessa Texas (TX) area. Since the founding of West Texas Midwife Services (and West Texas Birth Services) in 1994, we have been the preferred choice for all medically normal Midwife Attended Natural Births in Midland and Odessa, as well as all of west Texas and southeast New Mexico. One of our objectives is to provide information clearly demonstrating the value and safety of low risk women giving birth at home (Homebirth), under the careful monitoring of a Licensed Midwife (LM) and a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM).
The Midwives Model of Care
- The Midwives Model of Care is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life processes. The Midwives Model of Care:
- Monitors the physical, psychological, andsocial well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle
- Provides the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support
- Minimizes technological interventions
- Identifies and refers women who require obstetrical attention
- The application of this woman-centered model of care has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section.
West Texas Midwife Services is your primary provider for pregnancy, birth, and well-woman counseling. We are proud to offer Midland, Odessa, and surrounding areas of West Texas and Eastern New Mexico, the services of a Licensed and Certified Professional Midwife! Natural Childbirth and Waterbirth are our specialties. Women turning to Homebirth do not want pharmaceutical drugs or to be restricted to a bed and strapped to monitors and IVs while in labor, and prefer a Certified Professional Midwife for their maternity care provider.
Midwife care is also for women who want to be more actively involved in keeping their pregnancies healthy, ensuring a safer birth. With West Texas Midwife Services you have many birth options. A favorite among our clients is the opportunity to have a warm water birth in the comfort of their own home with a portable birthing pool. Here are some of the services we offer:
Primary Comprehensive Maternity Healthcare
Free Pregnancy Tests
Free Initial Consultation
Natural Pain Relief Methods
Well Woman Counseling
Pregnancy Massage (referrals)
Maternity Health Counseling VBAC Delivery
Infant Massage (referrals)
Insurance and Financing
Dawn Cockrell is Licensed by the State of Texas and New Mexico (LM), and is a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) certified by the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM). Please call 432-413-9292 and ask for Dawn Cockrell, LM, CPM, for your free consultation.
Your free initial consultation with the midwife is scheduled for a flexible time in our maternity care office, or the convenience of your own home, as well as each prenatal visit thereafter, should you choose our services. Please call our Office at 432-413-9292 to make your appointment as soon as, or even before, you are pregnant.